Sunday 2 August 2015

What I love about my bionic gear bag

As is normal for crafters, we use items daily without even thinking about it - items we have made as well as tools for crafting.

I am at the point where I cannot imagine not having my bionic gear bag to hand. Let's call it a BGB, saves me mis-typing it (and my spellcheck still hasn't quite learnt what it is that I am trying to type).

My sister is the seamstress, I am the leather crafter, hand stitching all the leather items in our Etsy shop (scissorsistas.Etsy.com in case you haven't seen it). She wasn't 100% happy with a specific BGB she had made (no idea why, I cannot see what is wrong with it) so I snapped it up and stuffed it full of my leathering tools.

I kept ringing her up, telling her how much I loved it. Telling her how much it was perfect. Telling her that I used it every day. She stopped taking my calls about it after a while!

And what is it about a BGB that means once you have one you won't be able to manage without one?

Compartments. Lots of them. I can keep my knives and blades safely zipped in their own place, so no fear of cuts when rummaging round.

A 'tray' to stop stuff rolling off the worktop. My awl is a perfect example. If I had a pound for every time it's fallen on the floor...... No problem now I have a BGB.

I can craft 'on the move' and have all my gubbins safely stashed in my BGB. No more Quality Street tins or carrier bags.. The BGB is pretty damn neat and super stylish. Better than a Lidl bag for life.

It's like a tardis. It's astonishing how much 'stuff' I can fit in there. This is what I have stashed in there at the moment:

Dressmakers scissors
Shoemakers knife
Snips
Small scissors
Tin of leather needles
Pack of Stanley knife blades
Stanley knife
Tub of pins
Ribbon
3 pens
4 pencils
Beeswax
Linen thread
Awl
Bone folder
Roll of double sided tape
Pricking iron
Edge crease
Parcel tags

It goes on. And yes, I can zip it all up. It really is like Mary Poppins carpet bag. Buy one and see for yourself. 

Scissorsistas.etsy.com




No comments:

Post a Comment